Friday, February 5, 2010

A Glorious Day

We had a beautiful day here in the Willamette Valley. It was partly cloudy, but warm! I saw some crocuses blooming today on my way to the office. I'll try to remember to post the picture.



I had my echocardiogram today. The technician had trouble getting a decent angle to get good pictures of my heart. He finally got one, though, although it was a little "off-axis". I watched the monitor sometimes and could see my mitral valve moving as well as the color-enhanced picture that showed blood moving away and blood moving toward the transducer.

This afternoon, we had a meeting with some of the Ph.D. students on advanced anthro theory. I didn't read all the readings - but I did read a few more that were interesting. It was fun to discuss them. Well, not sure if "fun" is the right word, but it was intellectually stimulating.

I paid bills this afternoon and worked on my budget. My taxes were accepted by both the feds and the state. Between the items we've sold on Craigslist, a little more money I'm getting from taxes, more of a reimbursement from insurance for acupuncture, and the honorarium from Victoria, we are able to afford a little vacation getaway next week-end (after paying off a couple of things, of course). Eddie has a five-day week-end, so we're going to Brookings, Oregon, on the southern Oregon Coast. Plus, with mom and dad moving in, we all have a little extra.

Happy week-end!

2 comments:

Carver said...

I'm glad you're getting a weekend away. Hope you have a great time.

Dee said...

Thank you, Carver!