Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas and Post-Christmas Happenings

Christmas Day was fun, although Eddie went back east with his dad and we missed him at our Christmas dinner. We had ham at my sister's house and then watched GI Joe.

Yesterday, I had a lazy morning, then I bought a couple of storage bins - need to start packing up stuff to make room for my folks and my brother. Then, I started taking down the Christmas decorations - figured that should be first in order to make room.

Then, my family and I saw Avatar in 3D. I have to say, it's a very beautifully made movie and the story sounded familiar - big bad corporation trying to get/steal the natural resources from an indigenous people. The scenery of this planet was amazing.

We hadn't had dinner, so we grabbed a bite, then I went to my friend's house to play cards.

All in all, a good day. I need to get going today, though. Pack away the Christmas decorations and then start moving pictures and other things around.

Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Liz Kreger said...

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas, Dee ... even if Eddie was gone. Ours was manic as usual. Visiting family here and there. Fortunately we all live fairly close, so the travel wasn't difficult.

Good luck getting stuff packed away. I'm sorta dreading that part.

Dee said...

Hi Liz,
Eddie left Christmas morning to go back East. I miss him already and he told me last night that he was already getting homesick. I'm glad you had a great Christmas, even if it was manic.

Packing is not fun. I'm avoiding filing in my office. And, some other stuff, too. Gaak!

Liz Kreger said...

Our Christmas was nice. The little darlin' got the cell phone she so desperatedly wanted. I think within four hours she'd either texted or received over 60 texts. I'm really glad I switched our plan to unlimited texting.