Monday, January 14, 2008

Pity Party's Over - I Hope!

Hi all,
Just wanted you to know that I'm feeling better today, although when I woke up this morning, I wasn't so sure. I still have the sore throat, but it seems to be better. (I said that before, though, so I'm not holding my breath!)

I had an expansion appointment this morning and so far, I don't feel as sore as I did last week. Progress is always good! I told my doctor today that the left side was feeling softer, more like a water bed! He he.

He also released me to go back to normal activities (which I more or less was doing, although cautiously) and, furthermore, he felt that playing volleyball was fine as long as I didn't go all out. Yay! Since my surgery, it seems that my team has forfeited more games than they've played for lack of players. I've been trying to recruit more players as I've lost five since last year - haven't been as successful as I'd hoped, so I'm glad I'll be able to play again - in fact, my first time on the court since surgery is tonight. We'll see how I do!

I also forgot to mention that I also have a MUGA scan scheduled for Wednesday - so I have an appointment scheduled for each day this week.

Workwise, this week, I'm hoping to 1) work on an article related to placename density on King Island; 2) begin throwing together a proposal or two to get more funding for the King Island project; and 3) work on a bibliography related to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. We'll see how much I actually get accomplished!

Happy Monday,
Dee

No comments: