Monday, January 21, 2008

A Day to Myself!

Today was a beautiful sunny, if chilly, day! And other than an appointment to have Zoladex injected into my abdomen (in order to chemically induce menopause), it was free. My son was with his father for the day, so I had the whole day to myself to do what I wanted when I wanted!! It was very nice. I slept in a little, cleaned the house a little, worked a little, shopped a little, now I'm relaxing on the couch watching CSI. I needed it - I took Eddie and his cousins to OMSI yesterday and by the time I got home, I was certainly over-stimulated, so having some peace and quiet is just what the doctor ordered.

Zoladex is, apparently, a little pellet that is placed subcutaneously just below your belt line. Over the period of a few weeks, the medicine is released and absorbed into my system and, if all goes according to plan, I should never have a period again. I'll take Zolodex for about 2-3 months and then I will have my ovaries removed. I'm tempted to celebrate! We'll see how I'll do with menopausal systems, though, before celebrating too much!

In the meantime, I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Kenyon about what to do about my heart. I also have a week off from tissue expansion - Dr. Havard is away, but I'll start in again next Monday. No other news to report, so I hope that you all were able to enjoy the sun!

No comments: