Tuesday, April 20, 2010

UW Clinical Trial - More on Visit 3 Tomorrow

I just wanted to let you all know I haven't dropped off the end of the earth. I'm doing well. A bit tired yesterday and today, but not the eye-droopy fatigue of last week and the week before. I was quite euphoric today - partly because I had more energy, partly because I won't have to travel north for a few weeks, partly because I only had one appointment today. I also saw lots of flowering rhodies (will try to transfer photos from my facebook page). The powers that be must've known I was in a good mood today because when I left my office to pick up Spagedward, I walked through the MU Quad - and was greeted by the songs and chirps of many birds. Lots of them. I didn't really try to figure out how many because it was raining and didn't want raindrops in my eyes. But the sound was very cool! I posted on facebook, "the birds are having a concert in the quad" and they were. One of my friends answered, "I think they were trying to tell you that they were happy that you were happy and wanted to make you happier." Of course! Makes perfect sense.

I even played volleyball tonight. I was tired by the third game, but at least I was out there. I didn't play hard, but it was nice to play regardless. Anyway, got to get to bed - more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I am really glad that you are well enough to be back to volleyball. Go Dee!

Dee said...

Hi Joanna, yep, it was fun playing although I don't have that kind of stamina in the evening anymore. My right shoulder (the right side has been radiated twice) was sore later that evening and then I had tenderness around my right shoulder blade from the lympedema, but all in all, I did okay. I don't think I'll commit to playing any sports for awhile; but it was fun to see my buddies again.