Thursday, October 30, 2008

And the wound continues to heal!!!

I saw the wound care nurse today and she felt that the wound has certainly improved over the last three weeks. I had a "peninsula" of good tissue on the upper left portion of the wound (i.e., left from my perspective) that's grown bigger. The area where there was a big hole through which the tissue expander went through has gotten smaller, in terms of diameter and it appears that there's more good tissue growing in from the right side. All in all, an improvement. I thought so, but it's hard to tell when you live with it all the time.

L., the nurse, has been taking pictures of the wound - there were two that were taken when I was undergoing radiation - and then she took pictures the day the expander came out and another two days later, before I got the wound pump. I got the heebie jeebies looking at those pictures! OMG - the hole that was there. I tried to describe it to someone last week while in Anchorage and said that I'd ended up with a 2cm hole in my chest. I thought I might've been exaggerating, but I wasn't! L., the nurse, said that she said it looked scary, although she didn't say so at the time, to her credit. I guess I knew it was serious, but not really how serious it really was. But that was then and this is now and it's definitely much better and is steadily improving.

Whew! Thanks to everyone who continues to send me good healing energy! It's working, apparently!

No comments: