Thursday, November 15, 2007

15+ hours and counting!

Well, I didn't expect to write another post, but here I am. I found out today that my surgery, originally scheduled for 10:30am, has been pushed back to 11:45am. The good news is that I don't have to report to the hospital until about 8am. The bad news is that I'll already be hungry! Darnit! I had a massage this afternoon and I am feeling pretty relaxed and also tired. Hopefully, I'll get a good night's sleep. Oh yeah, I ran into a colleague of mine that I haven't seen for awhile. Maria Olaya originally gave me a "tagua" - it looks like a rock, but it's actually a seed pod. A shaman in Columbia gave it healing properties and the first time I went through breast cancer treatments, she gave it to me - it had been painted or dyed blue, my favorite color! Anyway, I brought it out a few days ago and was thinking of her, so it was really cool to have bumped into her again.

I probably won't get another post in until early next week. Visiting hours at the hospital are 11am to 8pm. I expect to be home Sunday afternoon. Next time I see you all, I will no longer have my original breasts. Instead, I will have tissue expanders for awhile. They may look a little strange - supposedly, they place them a little higher on one's chest (and I forgot the reason why). Also, after a few weeks, I will start the process of expanding the tissue . . . so people may notice weekly changes! Just thought I'd prepare you all . . . : )

Many of you called and/or emailed me today to wish me the best and I wanted to thank you all again. With all of your thoughts, prayers, and positive energy being sent my way, I'm sure I'll sail through it all!
Love,
Dee

No comments: