Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dad is in ICU

Yesterday, dad's angiogram showed three blocked arteries and a leaky aortic valve. So, they decided to do open heart surgery ASAP. They wanted to do a triple bypass with aortic valve replacement. Then while they were there, they discovered a severely damaged mitral valve. They repaired that, too.

She's in the ICU (Liz, my dad is transgendered). Today, the EKG results were not "good" or as good as they wanted, so they planned to do an echogram. Still no word yet.

I ended up going to Vegas as planned - there are plenty of people around to help my mom and I needed a mental health break. Dad said it was okay for me to go.

Enjoyed Red Rock Canyon very much! We'll see Zumanity this evening.

I'll keep you all posted on my dad.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Hi Dee,

I hope that your Dad does well and gets home soon. Have a great time on your trip and get some relaxation. You have had so many things to deal with lately.

Joanna

Unknown said...

Dee--

I'm praying for your dad.

Jill (the one that used to be at Zion, now living in Scappoose)

Becky said...

Hi Dee -
You have such a full schedule! I know others can learn from you and I wanted to share my appreciation for your blog. You serve as a positive voice for those diagnosed with breast cancer. We included your blog in our Inspirational Cancer Blog Directory. Here is the link if you want to take a look http://www.navigatingcancer.com/cancer/breast/blogs
Wishing you happiness and health -
Becky Walker
Navigating Cancer
P.S. Sorry your dad is going through this current health challenge. Best wishes!

Dee said...

Hi Joanna and Jill, not sure when dad will be able to come home, but she made some progress today and got up to walk. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers for dad.

Thanks, Becky. I will check out that website. Tame care!