Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Surgeon Consultation

I saw Dr. F, the surgeon, today. He agreed that while the chemo seems to have stopped further growth of the tumors, it isn't shrinking either.

So, we talked about going ahead with surgery. Because of my commitments through February (and March 2 - I want to see Sheila Watt-Cloutier, from President of the Inuit Circumpolar Conference, when she comes to campus that day), it looks like we might shoot for the week of March 7 for surgery.

But in my last post, I may have more tissue degradation and bleeding which might argue for doing something sooner . . .

We'll know more after my CT scan on Friday. And, after I talk to Dr. K on Monday.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Dee,

I know that you know your body well enough to pick the proper time for your surgery. I am hoping you get this thing behind you asap, but maybe March is asap! I am glad you have a good surgeon.