Thursday, April 29, 2010

T-Cell Naming Contest - and Week-end Plans

In June, over three weeks, I will get my "primed" t-cells back. T-cells are part of your body's defense against disease - t-cells are a type of white blood cell. These "primed" t-cells are hopefully what my body produced after the three vaccinations I received earlier this month.

In my last post, I called them my super-duper-Her2+-cancer-seeking t-cells. I decided that I need to come up with a name for those super-duper-Her2+-cancer-seeking t-cells. So, I decided that I'll have a t-cell naming contest. I'll send the winner either a colored mandala or I'll create one just for you.

Can anyone come up with a good nickname for these super-duper-Her-2+-cancer-seeking t-cells? You have until midnight on May 2 (next Sunday). (I'm going away for a week-end symposium retreat for work from April 30-May 2). I'll judge the entries on May 3rd.

So far, the entries are "Herminator-2 cells", "H2Life cells", and "T-cell choppers". Anybody else have any ideas? Fun!

Another fun thing is that I leave tomorrow afternoon to go to the H.J. Andrews Experimental Forest. I am attending a week-end symposium called "Dragonfly Eyes: Multiple Ways to Envision the Future". There will be a mix of poets, artists, scientists, and social scientists, hoping that we can all learn how to envision or work toward (I think) a future from our different disciplinary and personal backgrounds. Good food, good conversations, hikes in the forest, and good wine. I'm looking forward to it!

I was really tired tonight and tense for some reason. No reason to be tense. Things are hunky dory more or less, meaning I'm in a relatively good mood. Just tired. But I got a lot done today. I hope to get to bed at a reasonable hour (10pm). Good night - not sure if I'll blog when I arrive. Have a great week-end!

No comments: