Saturday, March 13, 2010

Prescription Drug Take Back Event

I keep forgetting to post this - but there's a prescription drug take-back event happening today. The organizers say, "This statewide turn in event is an opportunity for your community to take their unwanted drugs to a central location for incineration. The Take Back Event is sponsored and spearheaded by the Oregon Medical Association Alliance, CARSA, Oregon Partnership and other community groups."

The link to the event is here.

This group is concerned about the danger of prescription drug abuse, but there's also several groups concerned about the danger of flushing these drugs down the toilet, where they can get into our water system.

Until the Oregon Board of Pharmacy releases the rules for the Charitable Prescription Drug Program, this incineration is a better way to get rid of your unwanted prescription drugs. I have two or three prescriptions that I need to get rid of . . .

One take-back site is in Albany, at the Albany City Hall. The other is in Eugene - we're heading to Eugene today for the Home and Garden show, so I think that I will take my own drugs there . . .

Happy Saturday - the sun is peaking through clouds for the first time in several days, so I hope to get out and get some Vitamin D.

No comments: