Thursday, March 4, 2010

Interesting Weird Dream

Last night, I had a wonderful night's sleep. I was exhausted all day yesterday because I didn't sleep well the night before - I woke up every two hours and had to get up early. Last night, though, after doing some meditation, some green tea, and some Chinese herbs, I slept from midnight until 6:50am. Yep, almost seven hours without waking up. That's a record for me in the past few years. A few months ago, I was lucky if I got three hours before waking up and in the last month or two, I've been able to get 4 or 5 hours at a stretch. So, last night when I got seven hours - heaven!

But I woke up to this strange dream. I was on vacation - somewhere warm - when some kind of disaster (I don't remember what?) and all of us in this one area were evacuated to a building - like a school or something.

Then, I had to use the bathroom, so I walked into a large bathroom with several stalls. People were hanging around - like they chose the bathroom to camp out. Finally, one stall opened up - it was the handicapped one - so I went in there. What did I find? TWO families (two sets of parents and kids) camping in that one stall. The toilet, however, was free and they told me I was more than welcome to use it - in front of them. However, I said that I needed to take care of something first and I asked them, "do you have a breast pump? I'm a wet nurse and need to pump the milk out." (Don't ask me where THAT came from!! Weird!!) And, even weird, the dads,who were sitting next to each other, said, "well, yes we do. Here you go." So, they proceeded to plug it in and I disrobed and started pumping.

And, that's when I woke up. I woke up thinking that I still need to use the bathroom.

So, what does one make of that dream? My thought was that in my meditation practice last night, I imagined myself letting go of sadness and disappointment (particularly the decrease in physical activity) as well as the slight pain I have from the swollen lymph nodes. I kinda thought that maybe I was trying to say goodbye to my boobs since my meditation was about letting go. My friend thought that the whole thing about the breast pump had to do with me being a nurturer.

Who knows? Weird.

No comments: