Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hmmm . . . is the world trying to tell me something?

I think the world is trying to tell me something.

What, do you ask, is it trying to say?

That I need to learn how to cook.

I just spent last week-end at my friend, Paula's, house last week-end. She likes to cook and spends a lot of her time thinking about food (that is, when she's not teaching). Preparing meals, gardening, shopping for organic and local foods.

One of my faithful readers, Mary, has just started a blog relating to her adventures with food and trying to teach a recalcitrant stepson to enjoy a greater variety of foods.

When I'm in Hawaii next week, Renee is going to encourage me to "tinker" in the kitchen.

Last night, I was chatting with an old high school friend and coworker, Cathie, on Facebook, who owns her own Italian restaurant in southern California.

I told Mary that she should start a business along the lines of a "cooking boot camp" to help poor souls like me.

Whaddya think? : )

1 comment:

MisAnthropology said...

Oh yeah, bay-bee....

Hey... here's a great reason to start cooking right now; it's *pfifferlinge* season!!

Chantrelle mushrooms, that is. Pfifferlinge are what the Germans call them, and I've got a thing for that name, to say nothing of the way they prepare them in a cream sauce with spaetzle or with eggs or sauteed and served over schnitzel.

You should read Pollan's books.