Thursday, January 29, 2009

Heading to Phoenix tomorrow

I leave on an early morning flight to Phoenix to meet with a couple of colleagues at ASU to talk about developing a proposal for NSF. It should be interesting and a nice change of pace. I resisted going because I felt too busy with work stuff and preparations for surgery, but I sorta feel on top of things, so now it's okay.

Plus, I'm heading into sunny warm weather - temps are expected to be 72 on Fri and Sat. I'm bringing my capris and my sandals.

Woo hoo!

I'm only staying for the night on Friday and come home again Sat evening. I'll stay with Scott in Portland Sat night and come home early Sunday afternoon to pick up Eddie.

A busy week-end. I figure that time on the plane will be spent doing some prep work for my classes while I'm home recovering. I also have a recommendation letter and some "homework" for the meeting tomorrow.

All in all, it'll be a good week-end!