Monday, November 17, 2008

Shepherd of the Valley Holiday Bazaar

As I mentioned last week, my parents and I will have a table at a local holiday bazaar. It's at Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church, on the corner of Walnut and Highland. The bazaar will be open from 10am to 2pm this coming Saturday, November 22. Please come find us!!

Like a lot of people in this economy, my parents are struggling financially. My brother, who was in grad school at Western Oregon, is having trouble finding work. My siblings and I try to help as much as possible, but it's limited. So, we're hoping to bring in some extra cash.

My mom will have some crocheted items - blankets, baby blankets, and potholders and maybe a few smaller items. My dad has been making mostly necklaces but I think he might have some earrings, too. He likes to make jewelry with bigger beads. I like to work with smaller beads and will have some necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. The bracelets are made out of elastic thread. Here's a picture of what I've got so far - my plan is to try to make another 6 or more items this week!!

No comments: