Tuesday, November 11, 2008

All I want for Christmas is My Two Front . . .

Boobs!

What does this mean, you ask? Well, good news from my oncologist, Dr. K.: there is nothing going on with the rib bone. He said the radiologist said that the bone looked okay. Cool.

I then asked if he'd talked to Dr. H, the plastic surgeon, about the timing for reconstruction. He said they had talked and Dr. H was inclined to wait until spring break in March in order to give the wound more time to heal. But then I told Dr. K that the International Arctic Science Committee asked me to co-chair a session related to Indigenous Cultures - Past to Future for the Arctic Science Summit Week in Bergen, Norway over spring break. I'd like to go to that so March would be out and my chair would prefer that I try to schedule a surgery around winter term teaching, which means scheduling it for maybe the second week of December. Dr. K was fine with that and he said I'd just have to convince Dr. H that that was okay.

So, yep, it looks like I might be getting what I want for Christmas!!

No comments: