Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Fantastic Four, Assisted by Flower Faeries, Elves, and Oompa Loompas

Today, as I thought about my visualization of healing this Bat Cave, I thought that I shouldn't just call on my spirit helper, but also on Batman. Then, when I thought about healing, I remembered Claire, the Cheerleader, on the TV shoe, Heroes.

Scott has been an avid watcher of this show since the beginning, but I didn't take the time to watch it also. By the time I would've started watching it, so much had happened that I wouldn't be able to follow along. I decided to finally watch it when I saw Season 1 come out on DVD, so I bought the 5-disc set (this was post-surgery) and proceeded to watch all the episodes. I'm hooked.

Unfortunately, I tuned in too late to catch any of the short-lived Season 2 (only 11 episodes because of the writers' strike last fall), but I hear tell that Season 2 comes on DVD in two days. Guess who will be buying a set? Yep, yours truly. I've seen some of the previews for the new season, so I absolutely need to get caught up beforehand. (One day, as we were standing in line to rent DVDs for Eddie, I saw a Heroes magazine. I bought it. Silly me. But it was interesting and fun to read. There was a quiz you could take to determine what Hero you were. Guess who I was? Mohinder Suresh, the professor without powers. I figured that was about right. Scott was Nikki. He wanted to be the guy who can fly - Nathan, but instead he was this two-personality Hero.)

Anyway, I thought of Claire the Cheerleader, so this morning, I invited her and Bat Man both to help in the healing effort. Bat Man creates cool, handy gadgets - a nice guy to put together the scaffolding - and Claire supplies the healing energy and my helper guy designs the whole thing. I play hostess and supply grunt work!

Carver commented to my earlier post today (To the Bat Cave) that she was going to beam flower faeries to help in the effort. She had this beautiful photo of a blue flower she posted at Carver Cards that had this wonderful white beam of light in the middle - I said something like it seemed like a place where one could beam to and she replied, "Beam Me Up, Scotty!", so that's where beaming the flower faeries come in.

I asked elves to help in my earlier post, but since I thought about Gene Wilder and the Chocolate Factory a couple of weeks ago, I decided to ask for some help from those industrious Oompa Loompas, too. Can't hurt, huh?

Thanks again, everyone!

3 comments:

Wendy S. Harpham, MD said...

Hi Dee,

Grammar Tip (for your "To the Bat Cave" post): break it up, and you'll usually get it right when you do the contraction. e.g. I visualized HIM looking around the cave and I visualized ME looking around the cave = I visualized HIM AND ME looking around the cave.

As for visualization, you might enjoy this piece I wrote for professionals, entitled "Visualizing the Buzz"
http://www.oncology-times.com/pt/pt-core/template-journal/oncotimes/media/WendyHarpham-VisualizingBuzz-OT-Jan102008.pdf

hang in there. with hope,
Wendy

Carver said...

Hi Dee,

You have a multitude of helpers. I love the idea of the Oompa Loompas joining the gang. All good thoughts going out for you, Carver

Dee said...

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the tips.

And, Carver, I thought you might like the oompa loompas, too! It might be time to watch Willie Wonka again, huh? Hope you're doing well!