Saturday, June 14, 2008

Reiki and throwing plates

Today, Scott drove down and after a late breakfast, he performed reiki on me. Again, I found it interesting that he found certain spots that were painful - places that I was holding on to negative energy and emotion. Between the reiki yesterday and acupuncture today, I've been trying to let go of the sadness and the anger and concentrate on the positive. Some of the thoughts I had were for letting go and also for healing during both sessions. Also, my acupuncturist put seeds in my ears on points responsible for "calming the spirit", "happiness", for sleeping, and for dehydration and supporting the yin, I think. I think it's working because I do feel more myself, less lonely, more happy. It helps that it's sunny.

I also decided yesterday that I would break plates and let go of the anger. But I had some trouble trying to figure out how to do that. When I first got the idea yesterday, I wondered where I could go so that no one would hear me. And, I didn't know what to do with the shards. Then, while talking to dad who was working in my yard, I decided that I should make a mosaic and entitle it, "Letting Go". If someone asked why I was breaking plates, I would tell them that I was making a mosaic.

So, yesterday afternoon, I bought some plates in a variety of colors at Goodwill. After Scott left, I got out the plates and a tarp. I just set the tarp on top of a large stone and then threw a plate at it, but the shards flew everywhere. Then, I draped part of the tarp against the fence and put the plates on the ground on the tarp and threw rocks and that worked, too, but shards flew everywhere. I finally got the bright idea to put all the plates on the tarp right next to a fence and then I folded the other half of the tarp on top of the plates. I anchored down the edges of the tarp with large rocks. Then, I threw rocks at the plates. In this way, I kept all the shards from flying and they were contained in the tarp and I also had the fence as a backdrop so the rocks wouldn't fly everywhere. There are still a few large shards, but a lot of smaller ones. When I told the Mandala Lady my plans today, she said "I just got chills- you definitely need to do that!"

Dad mentioned yesterday that I should put some raised beds on one part of the yard (which really looks bad). I think that I will somehow work a mandala mosaic in between some curved raised beds in that area. Now, I just got to figure out how to do that . . .

No comments: