Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cedar Waxwings in the Red Hot Pokers

The other day, when dad was working in my yard and we were chatting about next steps, we saw one and then a whole little group of cedar waxwings descend upon the red hot pokers in my yard. I ran in and got my camera and took a few shots, but the telephoto on my camera does allow me to get real good close-ups. So, then I attempted to get a bit closer and they all flew away. I saw them again yesterday, on our way to drop Eddie off at school. Cool, huh?



I'm sorry that the image isn't clearer . . . maybe I can ask for a better camera from Santa!

2 comments:

Carver said...

That's a lovely shot. My camera isn't great if I'm too far away either. One reason I take so many shots of the birds on my deck is I can do that through the window. I get some in the tree but it's hard getting to the right spot without scaring them off.

Dee said...

Thanks, Carver . . . it was really cool to see all these birds clinging to the blooms (if you can call them that). Dad said that they are eating the seeds. Never expected that!