Monday, May 12, 2008

The Cat Took a Joyride!

Yesterday, my whole immediate family (my folks, my sibs, my sister's family) came to my house for an informal, finger-food Mother's Day get-together. Dad did some work on my yard and my brother-in-law worked some on Eddie's Big Wheel (modeled after the Price is Right). My brother, Kevin, then took off to do a round of golf with some buddies. A few minutes later, he drove back up. I walked out to ask if he'd forgotten something and he informed me that our cat, Elizabeth, had been napping in the back seat of his Jeep and he was a few minutes away before she jumped into his passenger seat to say hi.

I wish I'd gotten a picture of it. She's been hanging out in my car, too, lately, when I leave my windows down at the house. I think she just wanted a joyride!!

2 comments:

Carver said...

Hi Dee, That's too funny about the cat. Your comment on my new blog made me laugh (the part about whether readers have to be wordless). I love comments and I'll respond there too. Sounds like a fun mother's day at your house (for the cat too, ha).

Dee said...

Hi Carver,
Glad you enjoyed the cat story - we've had her a year now - got her on Mother's Day last year. It's Eddie responsibility to feed and water her. Thought you'd get a kick out of my comment about whether or not we have to be wordless - I will write you an email later today - first, I got to bum dinner off a friend - I need to take her our volleyball registration form!