Friday, April 11, 2008

Drug Repositories, Part III

A couple of days ago, my state representative, Sara Gelser, responded to my email about drug repositories. She said she is interested enough to put in legislation about it for 2009. Yeah! We're going to have coffee next Friday to talk about the issue more.

For those of you in the support group and my colleagues who said they were interested in the issue, I will soon email you. I meant to do it sooner, but my computer at work died and it's easier to find emails via subject line at work than at home. I want to compile all of your emails together to begin a conversation about the next steps. Once I talk to Sara, I hope that this takes a life of it's own. Jeanne Sather, over at www.assertivepatient.com, will be here in Corvallis May 19-21. She will do a blogging workshop on the 19th, a public talk at OSU on the 20th, and a noon talk in my department on the 21st. At her public talk on the 20th, Jeanne plans to bring up the topic of drug repositories. It was through her blog that I first heard of them. This may be a time when we can publicize the effort.

Just wanted to give you all an update!

1 comment:

Carver said...

I think it's great that you are involved with this. I should be myself. I'm making a note to remember to check into NC and what measures we have, if any. I think I told you that I read about water in some parts of the state (although not my county) were testing with high levels of certain drugs.