Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sleep - It Does a Body Good

As you know, one of the side effects I'm dealing with is having trouble sleeping. I've been taking melatonin and it's helping me some, but I am still struggling getting in those "z"s. I finally got about 9 hours last night and I needed them! I was so tired yesterday afternoon that all I really wanted to do was to go to bed at 3:30pm and sleep straight through. Kinda hard to do when you have a 7-year-old! I would've called my folks to help out, but they had plans and I know that Eddie's dad had a meeting, so I just used sugar to make it to 9pm. Eddie knows that I will get tired occasionally and if I just tell him, he doesn't argue. So, I watched "Pride and Prejudice" with Keira Knightley, Donald Sutherlin, and Judi Dench . . . hadn't watched it before and I enjoyed it! One of my friends, Susanna, suggested several months ago that that was a movie to watch, so I finally got around to it. Jeanne mentioned last week that she was rereading the book, so I figured I should check it out.

I know there are a lot of you out there who said they would help me with Eddie, but I didn't know I needed help until the last minute. So, I think I need to come up with a contingency plan if my family isn't available.

If I can just get more sleep, then I think I'll be okay through these treatments!

2 comments:

Carver said...

I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. That can make a huge difference.

Dee said...

Thanks, Carver! We'll see if I can replicate it tonight!