Monday, March 31, 2008

Eddie's First "Love Letter"



This was just too cute for words, so I had to share it with you!

One of the prizes Eddie won at the arcade this past week-end was a giant pen. He then proceeded to write all sorts of things on the pad of paper supplied by the hotel. The first thing he wrote was this note to the first grade girl who likes to chase him sometimes on the playground. I blocked out her name for safety reasons. When I asked Eddie about it, he said that this girl is now his sidekick. He wants to give this note to her tomorrow. It says, in case it doesn't show up on the website, "Dear ___, I like you. Best, Eddie." He's learning cursive writing, too, if you can tell when he signed his name.

It's true. Kids grow up fast!

4 comments:

Carver said...

That's adorable. I bet it will be the little girl's first note from a suitor.

Dee said...

Hi Carver,
I alerted the first grade teacher today that Eddie intended to give this girl the note. When I picked Eddie up from school, she said that the girl brought the note to her to show her and was apparently pretty happy to get this note. She said that Eddie told her that he'd write her another one. When I asked Eddie what the girl thought about the note, he said, "she thought it was cool". I asked if he replied to that and he said, "I told her thank you". I asked him if he intended to write her another note and he said, "I don't know".

Yes, I think you could say that it was her first note from a suitor!

Jeanne said...

Dee--this is so sweet! My boys, especially Younger Son, were pretty romantic when they were in grade school. I remember YS buying a valentine's gift for a girl he liked and leaving it in her desk. He never told her it was from him, but I think she knew.

And it may encourage him to write, which is a good thing!

Jeanne

Dee said...

Jeanne, I don't remember being that interested in boys when I was in 1st and 2nd grade; apparently it happens more often than I expected. Yes, it is encouraging him to write, which I like, of course. He needs more practice with handwriting, for one, but also it's a good skill that I see that many college students lack.