Friday, November 11, 2011

Stories about me

Hello. I haven't posted in a couple of days and I apologize for that. I am feeling a little bit better though. My nausea is better, but I have been having some dry heaves early in the morning. I'm not sure what from, but they don't last long. It does make me afraid to eat anything solid, because I am heaving the fluid that I am drinking.

Other than that, I didn't post yesterday because my tailbone was sore. But now I have a wonderful mattress pad that alternates air every so often. I can barely feel it but it's nice. I also had wound care and a sponge bath today.

Anna at NSF gathered together stories about me from my colleagues: individual letters that they each wrote. Two other colleagues of mine, Joan and David, dropped them off. It was really touching to receive, though I haven't yet read through all of them. There's 30 or more stories to read, and a bunch of pictures at the back. I'll go through it slowly, as time goes by. So that was really nice to receive.

A couple of my students also dropped by for a quick visit. I have been getting some visitors that just drop by, although it's better to schedule because of wound care and all that. I guess people understand that if they do just pop in I might have wound care.

Yesterday I had a visit from my office manager. I hadn't talk to her in awhile, so that was nice.

My thrush is also still kind of bad so my voice sounds funny and my mouth gets dry really quickly. I'm not sure what to do about that. Just keep swishing with the Nystatin, I guess. 

Well that's about it. Hope you all are having a good evening. I'll talk to you soon. Bye!

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Dee, have your nurses given you mouth swabs or any other suggestions for your dry mouth?