Wednesday, August 3, 2011

10 out 15 WBR completed

I have only five more sessions of WBR left and then will take a couple of weeks to wean off the steroids. I am on a low dose of steroids so am eating mostly normally, with a couple of Zofran thrown in each day for nausea.

I didn't sleep as well last night, but toward the end. So still resting a lot during the day. I am glad Ed is with his dad although I miss him very much. He still gets to do fun things that I couldn't do. I take a Valium before bed. But the first couple of the hours in the morning, I do have some pain and stiffness in my shoulders.

I might be more energetic the week after next. We should see some improvement in the tumors in my arm by then, although I am not sure of the swelling.

Since I don't know what the future will bring I. The next couple of weeks, I am not worrying about it.

I have been blessed by the generosity of friends. I received a book by Pema Chadron yesterday called "When Things Fall Apart", from one of my oldest and dearest friends. Thank you, P! Also a colleague has started my Stockton, California trip fund with a $200 gift. Thank you, N! I don't even know if I will get into this trial or not, but every little bit helps.

1 comment:

j said...

10 out of 15 -- woooooohooooo! Way to hang in there, Dee. <3 jeanne