Friday, July 2, 2010

Saw My Oncologist's NP today

I saw my oncologist's nurse practitioner today, to ask about the other little nodules I have near the swollen lymph nodes.  H. thought that they were also part of the lymph system and that they were swollen because of "congestion" or as a kind of spillover from the larger nodes.

H. measured the swollen nodes, took a picture of them and then just asked how I was doing otherwise, and what the plan was in the near future.

As far as I know, it's stay the course with Herceptin, until I'm done with the major portion of the clnical trial.  If the caner is not under control yet, then Dr. S from UW thought of maybe starting Avastin.  But, in the meantime, all I'm doing is waiting to see what's happened after "hermination" (the t-cell infusions).

I do think that the swelling in the lymph nodes has gone down a little bit.

I also had an echocardiogram today.  No news yet - I presume I'll get a report next week some time.

No other news, really.  Have a great 4th of July!

No comments: