Thursday, November 5, 2009

Plugging Through Work

Not much is going on other than work. Recommendation letters, teaching, emails emails emails (emails are what ails me!), grading papers, politics, touching base with my research assistants, etc. etc. etc.

I was really tired after my class on Tuesday. I'd only had about 5-6 hours sleep the night before. I'm realizing that if I don't get a full night, I'm toast after a few hours, especially when I teach. This past year, I'm beginning to understand just how much teaching takes out of me. It's hard and takes energy.

My task is to retreat and to learn how to conserve my energy - start shoring it up instead of always expending it when I feel good. Easier said than done.

Eddie has a parent-teacher conference tonight. I'm expecting good news! Happy evening!

No comments: