Thursday, May 7, 2009

Note to self: Worrying Doesn't Make Things Better

A couple of weeks ago, when I had lunch with Cat and Kai, I told them about the news of my lungs spots and how I decided that I shouldn't worry about them. I guess I didn't realize that I was still worried about them and how much I was looking to the tumor markers to help me figure out what's going on. If the tumor markers are low and stay low, then I wasn't going to worry. But the fact that the CEA has risen a little bit has me worried.

At the time of the lunch, Cat said in response to my comment, "Yes, it's good not to borrow trouble." I'm reading Andrew Weil's book on "Spontaneous Healing" and he also mentions the power of positive thinking and how negative thinking often makes things worse.

So . . . time to stop worrying and to start enjoying the prospect of going to Norway! I'm trying to imagine all the work I can get done on the plane, without the distractions of my family, my son, my partner, students, work, bills, etc. I'm also trying to imagine how fun it will be to meet other people working on similar issues of placenames and language.

Okay, I'll find out the CA15-3 results and get back to you. Happy Thursday!

No comments: