Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Fever Strikes Again

Eddie walked in this morning with tears forming in his eyes. He said, "I'm really really cold". Poor guy. He was bundled up in a sweatshirt and a coat over that and his hood on. So, I cuddled up with him, tried to get him a bit warmer and then took his temperature. It was 101.2 with one thermometer and 101.8 with the other.

He doesn't have any other complaints - no headaches, no stomachache, no sore throat. My mom checked to see if he had a rash - nothing there. He finished his course of antibiotics a week ago. Not sure if we should take him in again to see if he needs more. Hard to tell with everything that's going around.

So, he's home with my folks and I'm at work. Gotta get a bunch of grading done. And, some other administrative stuff. Organizing a lecture series and a nomination for an incoming grad student. I'm getting there, though!

Two days and I start my trip to Norway - yay! I need the break!

2 comments:

j said...

Hope Eddie's on the mend. Poor little guy. (I had lost track of your blog address ergo the radio silence! I am looking forward to catching up.)

Dee said...

Hi Jeanne,
Yes, Eddie's on the mend. The fever only lasted a day or so. Whew! I wasn't sure since I was leaving for Norway!