Friday, September 5, 2008

Zometa Side Effects

I had my zometa injection on Wednesday and felt fine the rest of that day. Felt fine when I woke up Thursday morning. Now that my son's started school, I'm starting to walk regularly again - it's about a 10-12 min walk from his school to my office. We're having really nice weather - clear and sunny, so it's a nice walk especially when I get on campus, which is beautifully landscaped. I then walked to my acupuncturist's office - it takes me about 25-30 min but I took my time, strolling through neighborhood streets and enjoying the weather. I walked back to my office later and then I picked up my son. All told, I think I walked almost an hour and a half yesterday, which is more than I'm used to.

So, I felt fatigued yesterday afternoon. Figured it was all the walking. But I also wondered if I had a fever as my forehead felt warm. Had dinner at my folks' house and then got home about 5pm or so. I just felt really tired and warm again, so I took my temp and it was 99.8. Sigh!

Started to worry about that - wondered if I was getting an infection from the wound and then it hit me. Ah! Zometa does have fever as one of the most frequent side effects. So, I got out my little info packet on Zometa and there, underneath fever was the sentence "flu-like symptoms, such as malaise, fever, bone and joint aches, and fatigue, but this usually only occurs the first time".

Hmm. Okay. That explains it. I also felt some achiness and had a couple of chills.

So, I rested most of the evening. Played Trouble and Uno Spin with Eddie. Went to bed early.

And, woke up feeling normal again. When I realized that the symptoms had gone away, I started feeling a bit feisty, a bit giddy, and a bit silly. I guess I don't take feeling normal for granted much anymore.

Feeling normal makes me happy. There's something to be said for that, huh? : )

With that in mind, here's a new joke a friend sent me:

A Friend Is Like A Good Bra...

Hard to Find

Supportive

Comfortable

Always Lifts You Up

Never Lets You Down or Leaves You Hanging

And Is Always Close To Your Heart!!!

No comments: