Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Reason to be Hopeful!

A few weeks ago, I found about 4 or 5 more small tumor nodules on the right (from my viewpoint) lower quadrant of the right breast. I knew I had maybe 8-10 nodules on the left side, from below to the upper quadrant. Today, I decided to feel around to see if I still had them all.

This morning, all I could feel was one small one on the right side and one larger one on the upper left quadrant. I was really happy - radiation is working and I'm seeing results!

However, after radiation, when I saw the doctor, I felt again and this time I felt two nodules on the right and two on the upper left quadrant. My enthusiasm is tempered a bit now, but I'm still really happy that all this daily radiation is doing the trick! Take that, nasty cancer cells!

24 treatments down and 4 more to go! Yay!! More reasons to celebrate!

3 comments:

Carver said...

Sounds good Dee. I'm glad you are seeing good reasons to be hopeful. My good thoughts (prayers by any other name) are going out for you.

Dee said...

Thanks, Carver! Me, too! Hope you're having a great time . . .

Cheryl Finley said...

Deanna,
My heart is glad for your good news.. and yes.."There's Hope"..and I"m glad you've got it. I will keep you in my prayers and quite time.

By the way.. here's a catchy affirmative song about hope that I love! enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7NHjUEdiebE